Friday, August 5, 2016

Week 3 Postpartum

3 weeks postpartum
Here I am now at week 3 of my postpartum recovery. I'm feeling eager to jump into working out after baby, but my body keeps telling me to "hold up!". However, I am managing to workout with some serious modifications that are turning out to be just the challenge I need.

Mostly I've been doing Fitness Blender on YouTube with my hubby. We enjoy working out together, it started postpartum with my last son and now I'm ready to get back into it with him instead of watching him! I modify kinda on the spot when I do a workout. If I can't do something, I find something I can do and do it to the best of my ability. This is key in progression! I did get on the new bench press and found I could bench 65lbs...not bad for being such a long time away from working out.

I'm still drinking a lot of water, always shoot for a gallon a day, though some days I don't get there. I'm still taking my prenatals and pumping breastmilk for most of Cendricc's food supply.

Kegels everyday ladies! This is the one thing that is going better than expected and I'm lovin it.

I'm still wearing my small squeem waist trainer everyday. Feels great, but I do look like a can of biscuits busting out both ends lol....still, my waist feels smaller so I'm keeping it up.

Bleeding is slowing down, which is really nice. I'm only wearing panty liners and still cleansing every now and again, but otherwise I feel really good down there. Much sooner than I expected. Starting to think about getting back into the way Cendricc came about...but without another Cendricc if ya know what I mean.  ;-D

These days I know when I've pushed myself too hard postpartum. My "floor" gets sore lol...my lady parts start complaining...trying to put this delicately! Usually when I feel this way, I lay down and rest. I make the time for myself, even with 3 kids and 2 puppies. No matter what, I'm really trying to focus on putting me first. My day job right now is taking care of everybody else's needs, so I know I need to make time for
Cendricc 3 weeks old
ME. No shame or excuses. Take IT!

Still trying to find sleep somewhere in life...I'm not sure how much longer I can keep up with pumping breastmilk every 3 hours, but I really want to go at LEAST a month. We are going on vacation for a bit, so I'll see how things go. 

I'm not sure if it seems like I'm rushing through everything, but my time and energy are sooo slim right now. Please leave comments and/or questions. If you want me to go into more detail about something in a seperate article, Contact Me and I will. I want my experience to help or inspire so let me know in what areas I can do this better!

Thanks for your support and feedback,

~Caroleena Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment