Saturday, January 9, 2016

Homemade Orange Sugar Scrub Recipe

This simple homemade orange sugar scrub I'm going to reveal to you is packed with amazingness. It's super cheap and has been my go to for years when I'm looking for a pick-me-up for my skin.

At one point or another, I'm sure we've all heard the benefits of vitamin C for the skin exclaimed and highly praised...but there is a dark side to it that most people don't realize.

Once Vitamin C is exposed to oxygen or light, it immediately starts to degrade and becomes less potent with time and not much of it.

Cosmetic companies use a stabilizer ingredient or ingredients, to keep vitamin C from going bad too quickly in their products, but there's no guarentees that it works or keeps the vitamin C from doing more harm than good. Plus, all it does is slow down the degrading process...it doesn't actually stop it.

That's the gyst of the cosmetic side of vitamin C, so why am I telling you this?

Because the best way to get these benefits: Real, homemade orange sugar scrub recipe!

Now there's one more reason to splurge on an orange and do the "hippie" thing and take a shower with it! Once you cut into an orange, the vitamin C begins going bad. This is why I wait to slice it open until right before I shower.

Here's the super easy and super cheap homemade orange sugar scrub recipe:

* One whole orange, cut in 1/2, unpeeled except for the top half inch or so (see pic)

* 1-2 cups white sugar

* A plastic bowl

* Hot shower

*Your bod

  Place sugar in plastic container. Rinse your skin in a hot shower to warm everything up. I usually turn the shower off and start using the orange like a scrub sponge, dipping into the sugar and exfoliating skin while slightly sqeezing the orange.

  I like to let it sit on my skin for a few minutes, so I usually attack the spots I want to benefit the most, like my stomach and boobs (any place with stretch marks or the potential for getting them). 

   By the time I get done with my whole body, it's been about 5 minutes, so I rinse.  

   I recommend shaving after this...or you'll feel the sting of the acid, ouch!!

   Your skin will feel amazing! To me, the softness I feel after doing this is much different than using store products. You'll love it.

Enjoy!

~~Caroleena Kay
  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment