Sunday, January 10, 2016

Week 19-22 of My Pregnancy

I knew I wasn't going to be able to get to blogging through the holidays! I am back though, and I've mostly adjusted to the normal non-vacation work and home routine, with some difficulty I will confess.

22 weeks pregnant, clothes from Khols
because I refuse to pay $$ for maternity!
I mostly sat around during my vacation--which was much needed! I didn't end up eating as much as I thought I would, mostly because I got so uncomfortable after eating. This probably helped save me from gorging and blowing up like a balloon, but made it super hard to relax and just sit after a meal.

My baby is now the size of a spaghetti squash! I've noticed significant growth in the last 3 1/2 weeks, plus I feel him moving in the morning when I wake up, and at night when I'm trying to sleep, as well as sometimes throughout the day. I can't really feel movement from outside my belly...unless I focus and gently poke at him!

His eyes are developing, he's got hair on his body and he looks like a newborn instead of a creature from the Alien movies! I have another appointment scheduled for later this month.

It's getting harder to roll over in bed from side to side....

I have to pee more frequently because of the added pressure from the baby...I'm carrying a lot lower this time around.

I have to remind myself to walk normally and resist the urge to walk pregnant! I believe the "pregnant waddle" puts strain on the back and abdomen, which I think can cause back pain and possibly abdomenal separation. So far I haven't had abdomenal separation or more than some occassional back pain sooo...my theory is it helps. Plus it's a boost of energy to feel more like myself, unto the end.

Heartburn is attacking a lot more! I can't eat before bed, have to watch what I eat during the day, and be sure to get plenty of water throughout the day in order to keep this monster at bay.

I absolutely need the military maternity ACU's, I've had several people comment on my belly starting to poke out. I will be going to the Central Issuing Facility to "borrow" 2-4 sets hopefully in the next week or so. I will be taking pictures of my shame! Lol I'm being dramatic.

And to wrap this up, I'm still moisturizing daily! My skin looks great so far, no stretch marks. Check out my link for How I Prevent Stretch Marks to see what I use.

Happy to be back in the flow of things....

~~Caroleena




No comments:

Post a Comment