Sunday, July 31, 2016

Weeks 23 & 24 of My Pregnancy

I'm starting to get back into the swing of blogging again. I'd love to post more often, but sometimes I just can't muster up the energy or the creativity! I do have several posts waiting for pictures and editing that I will be sharing hopefully sooner rather than later!

I am now 24 weeks preggo. I did have to check via an online due date calendar...I kinda lost track of time for a second. I'm finding it harder to put my shoes on, even worse for my military boots! I can't walk as fast everywhere, but I'm a speedy walker by nature, so I'm sure most people haven't really noticed. Climbing the stairs to get the boys to bed is getting harder. I just tell myself that it's great for staying in shape, so I need to resist the urge to avoid the stairs!

I had a second ultrasound last week, and though the baby was curled up in a lil ball, they still think it's a boy, so I'll plan for that! It was really amazing to see him moving and hear the heartbeat. Gets me every time. He is now the size of an ear of corn apparently! I feel a lot more movement all throughout the day, so that's been a delight.

Update: I have the Army maternity uniform, yaaay! (Sarcasm) Finally went into Central Issue Facility to sign for 3 sets. It is more comfortable as far as the pants go; no more belt but instead that super sweet giant pouch to sling my belly in. Feels like I'm wearing granny panties all day...super sad face here....The jacket looks like a tent or a poorly made dress that's too short to be decent. Okay, I'll stop. I'm just disgruntled over the new look, but as promised, I provided a picture. You're welcome.

I'm staying on track with eating. Today I felt really odd and nauseous so I didn't eat much...until this evening. Then for some reason the only thing that sounded bearable was chicken top ramen...and then an hour later for dinner, french toast and cheesy scrambled eggs with the boys! I feel much better now, so maybe it was a carb thing. Sometimes you just gotta go with the weird days.

On a side note: I haven't been sleeping that great lately, so out of the blue I took one of my daily fish oil pills a bit before bed and found I slept much better. I had no idea before hand to try it, nor was I thinking it would help. I just noticed I slept much better and my analytical brain was trying to figure out why.,,low and behold, there's been research done that links fish oil to helping sleep issues. Well, it has been working for me most nights, so I thought I'd pass it along...here's the brand from Amazon I'm taking:

No comments:

Post a Comment