Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Week 12 of Pregnancy

It's week 12 of pregnancy for me, 1st trimester winding to a close. My dear baby is about the size of a lime! Something I'm more familiar with and actually have in my cupboard.

She is busy growing and developing her reflexes at quite the rate this week. About 2 inches long, apparently she looks like a lovable human now instead of a lil alien frog baby.

I took the time this past week to take care of myself, something I tend to put on the back burner with everything else going on in my life, from military to children to husband; housecleaning, cooking and trying to get caught up on the little things in life! Sleep being a priority as well, most times I'd rather just go to bed early than to deal with shaving my hairy legs. However, this week my hubby helped push me out the door to get my hair and nails done. It's been a year or so for me whew! I do feel so much better.

Here is a pic at the gym from yesterday with my hubby photobombing like crazy. We did legs, and
Leg day with Hubby!
 boy do I feel it today! No pain, no gain. Today we did arms, great workout, sore now but not really bad. I take it slow and modify everything. No shame.

My goal is to work out at least 3 times a week with weights. I feel good afterward and my heart rate doesn't spike and make me exhausted as fast as say, cardio or walking. Plus muscle burns fat so hopefully I can stay trim during my pregnancy by keeping up on dee muscles!

Only issue I've had is being hungry way too quickly into my workout. I've tried having an apple or Nutrigrain bar beforehand, but I realized today I need carbs! I had some and gone was the lightheaded, "weird" feeling.


Soooo I am posting a pic of my belly, taken today at the gym.
Week 12 of Pregnancy
I don't have to wear maternity yet but I don't feel comfortable in my old jeans or a lot of my pants, that's for sure. I've jumped a size up ahhhh! Already!

I do feel more energetic and fit when I work out, plus it gives me a sense of being able to "control" my weight gain and feel I'm still in charge of my own body.

I'm working on sharing some of the exercises I do in a later post. I do update my Twitter with foods I'm eating, exercises I'm trying out at the gym and different articles, tidbits and fun facts.

This week I received my Heart and hands book:


                                                                 
It's one of the more expensive books in my collection, but the information is very in depth and valuable. It is more for a midwife, or someone wanting to be a midwife...which is exactly why I bought it. It's easy to read and helped me a lot with preparing for an unassisted home birth. I will be digging into it once more to refresh and prepare with number 4!

Duty calls y'all...my son has a nasty number 2 diaper and my number is up to change it. I gotta get this boy outta diapers before baby arrives!

Fit N Fancy for Life,
~~Caroleena


No comments:

Post a Comment